How To Make Natural Perfume Without Alcohol| A Complete Guide 2023

Looking to ditch the alcohol in your perfume and go natural? You’re in the right place! In this post, we’ll show you how to make natural perfume without alcohol. We’ll also give you some tips on how to choose the best essential oils for your perfume and how to store them properly. So, if you’re ready to learn how to make natural perfume without alcohol, let’s get started!

Perfume is a popular cosmetic item used to make one smell good. It is made up of fragrance oils and chemicals dissolved in alcohol. The percentage of fragrance oil in the perfume determines its strength—the more fragrance oil, the stronger the perfume. 

Most perfumes contain between 10% and 20% fragrance oil. The remaining 80% to 90% is alcohol. The type of alcohol used in perfume is typically ethanol. Ethanol is a clear, colorless alcohol that is produced by the fermentation of sugar and starch. It is also known as grain alcohol. 

Ethanol is volatile alcohol, which means it evaporates quickly. This is why perfume smells stronger when first applied, but the scent fades over time. 

A perfume that does not contain alcohol is called “alcohol-free perfume” or “natural perfume.” These perfumes are made with oils that are not soluble in water, so they must be diluted in another type of oil such as jojoba oil or fractionated coconut oil. 

Natural perfume does not contain any synthetic fragrance oils or chemicals. It is made entirely of essential oils, which are extracted from plants. Essential oils are concentrated, so they must.

Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:



-1-ounce base oil (jojoba, almond, or grapeseed oil) 

-10-15 drops of essential oils 

-1 teaspoon vodka or witch hazel (optional)


  1. Combine base oil and essential oils in a small glass bottle. 
  2. If using, add vodka or witch hazel. 
  3. Cap the bottle and shake well. 
  4. Allow the perfume to sit for at least 24 hours before using, it so the scents can blend together. 


To use, simply apply a few drops to your wrists or neck. The perfume will last for several hours. You can also dab a bit on your clothing if you want the scent to linger. 

Have fun experimenting with different.

Making Process

The first step is to gather your supplies. You will need a clean, dry glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid, a funnel, a measuring cup, and your desired essential oils. 

Next, you will need to add carrier oil to your bottle. The carrier oil will help to dilute the essential oils and make them last longer. You can use any carrier oil you like, but some popular choices include jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, or fractionated coconut oil. Once you have added the carrier oil, it is time to add you’re essential oils. 

Depending on your desired scent strength, you can add as many or as few drops as you like. If you are unsure how much to use, start with just a few drops and increase the amount until you find the perfect scent for you. 

Once you have added your essential oils, screw on the lid tightly and shake the bottle well to mix everything together. Your natural perfume is now ready to use! Simply apply it to your skin as you would any other fragrance. The scent will last for several hours.



If you are looking for a natural, alcohol-free perfume, you can do a few things. You can purchase an essential oil diffuser and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to it. You can also make your own perfume by mixing a few drops of essential oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil. Finally, you can purchase an alcohol-free perfume at a health food store or online.

If you are looking for a natural perfume without alcohol, you can try making your own. There are a few recipes online that use essential oils and other natural ingredients. You can also find alcohol-free perfumes at health food stores.


How do you make natural perfume without alcohol?

You can make natural perfume without alcohol by using a fixative oil. A fixative oil is an oil that helps to hold the scent of your perfume for a longer period of time. Some common fixative oils include jojoba oil, carrier oil, and even beeswax. You will also need to add essential oils to your perfume to give it a scent. The ratio of essential oils to fixative oil will vary depending on how strong you want the scent of your perfume to be.

What are some common essential oils used in natural perfumes?

Some common essential oils used in natural perfumes include lavender oil, jasmine oil, rose oil, and neroli oil. You can also use other less common essential oils, such as bergamot oil, chamomile oil, and ylang-ylang oil.

How do I store my natural perfume?

Your natural perfume should be stored in a cool, dark place. The best way to store it is in a dark glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid. You can also store it in a dark amber bottle or a dark blue bottle.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *